Tuesday 2 October 2018

Bringing Back Memories

  Yesterday (Monday) brought back some memories for me as I spent the afternoon delivering information cards in the 500 to 800 block of 17th to 10th street in the South Centre Ward (see copies of the information cards below).

  While I had a chance to speak to a few residents in the area during my four-plus hours on the sidewalks, it also meant a return to the neighbourhood in a small way for me.

  You see, many years ago (20+), I was struggling with some debt and took a second job delivering flyers in that same area twice per week.

  I was amazed this week how many of the house remain in a similar condition as they were more than two decades ago, and how much I remembered the location of mailboxes on a lot of the homes.

  The other thing that struck me as how many of the houses in that area are actually sub-divided into multiple living quarters.

  For those of you in the South Centre Ward that have yet to receive my information cards, I hope to deliver to the rest of the Ward over the next 7-10 days.

  A copy of the cards is also posted below.



  Meanwhile, some other notes since my last post...
  • looking forward to participating in the #thisismycommunity Town Hall tomorrow (Wednesday) nighit at St. Matthews Cathedral at 403 - 13th Street.  I will particularly looking forward to the exchange of ideas among other municipal candidates on dealing with the social issues that are in our community.
  • you'll notice some of my campaign signs up on the perimeter of the South Centre Ward (Victoria Avenue, 1st Street, 18th Street and Richmond Avenue) - although they're being drowned out by the barrage of Brock McEwing signs on 1st (lol).  I have a handful left over so if any residents would like one, contact me at luber@wcgwave.ca or 204-730-2142 (Cell).
  • one of the concerns brought forward by a resident in South Centre yesterday (Monday) was a lack of adequate crosswalk signs and/or crosswalks painted on the south side of Betty Gibson school. Hopefully, this is something the City of Brandon can be made aware of ASAP, though I will bring it forward if I am fortunate enough to be elected on October 24th.
That's all for now.  See you on the campaign trail.

Bruce Luebke

No comments:

Post a Comment