Thursday 4 October 2018

Great Exchange of Ideas

  Thanks to Kim Longstreet and the organizers of last night's #thisismycommunity Town Hall at St. Matthew's Cathedral in Brandon.
  I was happy to be involved as one of the 19 candidates for the next City Council, but also to hear from other candidates on their thoughts and ideas on the five main issues on the discussion table (addiction, poverty, bigotry, mental health and crime).
  From my own standpoint, I'd have to say I feel more educated on the issues than I did before this exercise, and I can also say I've continued to research these issues in the time between submitting my initial response(s) and last night's Town Hall.
  I will continue to educate myself, and if I'm fortunate enough to represent South Centre on the next City Council, look forward to working with Mayor Chrest and other councillors on trying to address these issues.
  While I've already posted my response(s) to the 15 pre-questions, everyone in attendance also received the responses from every candidate during last night's function.  It's a 32-page document, but if you're interested in reading, here's it is.
  Other notes today...
  • I'll be meeting with Michael Lee of The Brandon Sun to discuss the South Centre Ward particularly.  Michael has been doing profiles on each ward and the candidates the last couple of Saturday editions of The Sun and it's South Centre's turn.
  • I've had a couple of additional requests for signs, but still have a handful left.  If anyone is interested in displaying their support, you can contact me at 204-730-2142 or luber@wcgwave.ca and I'll be happy to drop a sign off.
  • The Brandon Chamber of Commerce and Canadian Federation of Independent Business have both sent questionaires/survey's to fill out, which I hope to complete in the next couple of days.
  • Received an invite to a candidate's forum put on by BUSU (Brandon University Student's Union) on October 17th.  I'm going to try and fit it into my schedule and attend, if possible.
See you on the campaign trail.

Bruce

































No comments:

Post a Comment