Monday 15 October 2018

Survey Says!

 
 Out of all the things I was prepared for when I entered the municipal election campaign, the one that has been a bigger time commitment than I anticipated is the number of organizations that contact you to fill out their surveys/questionnaires.

 At last count, there were eight that have been sent to me over the past month, only half of which are from local organizations (which, to be honest, are the ones I've focused on).

 Two of those were from the Brandon Chamber of Commerce and the Brandon Area Realtors.  My responses to their questions are posted below.

 Meanwhile, here's a few news & notes...
  •  The Chamber is hosting a City Councillor Candidates Reception next Monday (October 22) from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Clarion Hotel & Suites on Victoria Avenue.
  •  I'll be participating in the Brandon University Students' Union Municipal Election Forum this Wednesday (October 17) from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Harvest Hall (BU Dining Hall). I am scheduled to take questions from students from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. at that event.
  • Advance voting continues this week, running Thursday (October 18) from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday (October 20) from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Main Foyer at City Hall. More information can be found at https://brandonvotes.ca/elector-info/alternative-voting-opportunities
  • I was quoted in a recent story in The Brandon Sun regarding the anticipated voter turnout for the October 24th election (https://www.brandonsun.com/local/candidates-dont-anticipate-a-strong-voter-turnout-496806131.html). While I feel voter turnout won't be anywhere near the 40% mark of the past two municipal elections, I encourage you to PROVE ME WRONG.  As I've usually closed my conversations with residents in the South Centre Ward so far during this campaign 'You don't have to vote for me, but you should get out and vote.'
Brandon Chamber of Commerce Survey


 
Brandon Area Realtors
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment